More Than Meets The Mogwai

Monday, July 09, 2007

Trailers from Hell!

I don't know why I haven't heard about this sooner, but browsing through Cinematical today, I stumbled upon their coverage of this glorious new website wherein directors Joe Dante, John Landis, Edgar Wright, and Mick Garris (with more to come, including Larry Cohen) briefly introduce and give commentary over a number of colorful exploitation film trailers.

If you can only watch one or two (but I can’t see why someone couldn’t fit in the whole batch), I wholeheartedly recommend Joe Dante’s spiel over THE TERROR (clearing up the innumerable directing chores over this infamous, if endearing, hodgepodge) and John Landis over THE T.A.M.I. SHOW (having attended with his 7th grade class, with such acts as James Brown on the line-up, it's not too hard to see why R&B has played such an important role throughout his filmography).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home