More Than Meets The Mogwai

Saturday, February 11, 2006

RIP - "Beach" Dickerson (1924-2005)

While idly browsing through the internet movie database tonight, I belatedly found out that one of my favorite Roger Corman-American International Pictures bit players/miscellany crew members/producers passed away in early December. Biographical information is limited, so I’ll link to Variety’s medium-length obituary.

A Jack of All Trades who even designed and built Corman’s office building for either his New World Pictures or Concorde-New Horizons, Dickerson remained in the Corman camp until the early 1990s. His last appearance was as a Hotel Clerk, according to the IMDb, in a Don “The Dragon” Wilson vehicle, produced by Concorde-New Horizons.

Pictured above is Dickerson as The Kid, a promising pugilist with an overzealous manager and a girlfriend who just wants him to quit the fighting life, in Rock All Night (1957). It’s probably his largest role.

He'll be fondly remembered by those emotionally invested in b movie fare.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that beach dickerson is my dads friend.peeple should remember him better.

8:07 PM  
Blogger jiang said...

A good compropmse mght be pandora online something your chikldren want, wich cheap pandora will also be usefdul for them & you. Last year, scooter for one of the pandora charm boys was a big hit as he cuild whistle down the street at him, then fold it & put it in the bag when pandora charms australia he juumped on the bus or want to go inside the shopping center ... Not bad for investment in accordance with $ 100.00. It saved me from going to take him with his bicycle many timse troughout the year. This Christmas does not maztter

7:12 PM  
Blogger steppling said...

I knew Beach as a kid....he was a friend of my family and my father worked with him several times in low budget films. I remember him as an amazingly genial and gentle man...funny....warm.....and always smiling. I havent thought of him in years....nice that you posted this.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beech Dickerson is discussed in the book: 'Full Service' by its author.

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beach was a great friend and neighbor. I grew up around the corner from him on Beech knoll road. He lived on Kew drive. I wonder what happened to Rusty and Rocky?

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home